Platform: PC VST System requirements: # Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP
VST 2 compatible host (Cubase, Logic, etc.)
VST instruments or FX
Hardware requirements depend on versions of Windows and host applications, but not lower than 300 MHz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 2 MB HD + HD space for frozen audio data.
Interface language: English only
Description: The essence of the plugin boils down to the fact that it allows you to unload the central processor (in the event of a lack of processing power) from some plugins and instruments that you have already configured, registered parts, and want to start further editing of other tracks. The plug-in is put into the gap AFTER all processing, the button is pressed, the project is played from the first measure of the project to the end of the frozen batch, and – you’re done! Now everything in the chain can be turned off, leaving only FX Freeze: it will play the recorded file from the disk. You can defrost it at any time and freeze it back.
Indispensable for those who:
– has at its disposal a computer with a CPU of insufficient computing power
– uses DSP-based processing systems (for example, UAD / PoCo / LiquidMix), which are limited in resources
– uses a host that does not have a built-in online freeze function (Emagic Logic (PC), etc.) FX Freeze is a DAW CPU resource management tool, which will help you forget
about CPU, RAM or poliphony shortage problems while working with VST instruments
and / or FX.
How does it work?
Special programs, called FX Freeze wrappers, are installed into your VST
plug-ins folder. Use them instead of usual FX or instruments. All works in the
normal way, except in the plug-in window there’s an additional line with two
flake icons. To freeze a plug-in just click on the flake icon, play the desired
portion of your song, and all the plug-in outputs will be bounced to disk.
During the following work the frozen plug-in will stream from disk and the DSP
part of frozen plug-in will be bypassed. In Ultra-freeze mode both the plug-in
and its libraries also will be unloaded from RAM. The resources previously taken
by the plug-in are ready to be used for any further processing. Therefore you
can maximize the CPU and RAM resources for DAW work. All frozen plug-ins are
saved within your song. Also it takes just one mouse click to unfreeze the
plug-in. FX Freeze wrappers make no overhead and are not at all noticeable until
you decide to turn on the freeze function.
– Freeze option Freeze up CPU resouces
– Ultra-freeze option Freeze both CPU and RAM
– Freeze of a certain portion of a song
– Saving frozen data with the song
– Selective MIDI channels freezing
– Simple and intuitive
– VST compatible instrument and FX support
– VST 2 compatible host suport
– SONAR support for VSTi (via VST DX Adapter)