Developer: IK Multimedia
Year of release: 2010 / Format: VST.RTAS
Platform: PPC / Intel only
System requirements: VST Supporting Host application
IK Multimedia AmpliTube v3.0 – the most popular software for modeling guitar amplification and Effects raises the standard to unprecedented levels of high quality emulation and extreme flexibility in handling guitar sounds.
Only AmpliTube 3 provides each individual guitar amp component, modeled separately, allowing you to freely create over 20,000 amp combinations! This means you can mix and match preamps, equalizers, amplifiers from the most famous guitar brands of all time, and make completely new creations and get your own truly personal sound.
- Over 160 models of classic and modern emulations. AmpliTube 3 has about a hundred new modules that were not in AmpliTube 2. Everything is modeled very accurately using third generation DSM technology;
- 30 completely new classic models – 5 great effects. AmpliTube 3 features 30 previously unreleased classic effects;
- new cabinet module with freely movable microphones. The AmpliTube 3 cabinet unit has been completely redesigned. Redesigned graphical user interface. The microphones can be easily moved around the speaker, making it easier to find the best point to place them;
- New rotary speaker effect created using VRM technology. The new cabinet speaker module in AmpliTube 3 features one of the best rotary speaker sound models thanks to its unique VRM technology;
- new drag and drop configuration for Stomp and Rack effects;
- AmpliTube 3 now has mono and stereo tracks;
- new and improved preset management. AmpliTube 3 has a new Preset Browser that allows you to quickly find and organize the vast array of presets already in the suite, plus thousands of presets created by an ever-growing community of users;
- updated MIDI learning function for compatibility with any controller;
- new audio recorder / player for 4 tracks;
- new modes eco / mid / hi quality. To achieve the best balance between sound quality and processor power utilization, 3 new modes have been developed – economical, medium quality, high quality, which can be switched with a simple click;
- improved performance;
- new opportunities for expansion.
List of changes in version 3.0.1 :
* Parameter values are now shown when clicking on a control knob.
* Parameter values can now be entered by clicking in the VALUE field.
* Parameter control via Mouse Wheel has been improved.
* Fixed a crash that could occur in Sonar when setting BPM Sync ON on certain modules.
* Fixed Step-based effects: trigger mode (free / strike) was not preserved when dragging the FX to another slot.
* Fixed Step-based effects: note division was not preserved when dragging the FX to another slot.
* Various models have been fixed to properly operate at 96 kHz sample rate (Combo 150MB, Jazz Amp120, British OR, British Lead S100, American Vintage D, Wah46, Tuner).
* Improved 6L6D and 6L6T Power Amp models.
* EQ and Power Amps models now behave correctly when MATCH switches are OFF.
* American Clean MKIII and American Lead MKIII models have been improved.
* Various fixes related to BPM Sync and Song Position information from the Host.
* Added an alert message to inform when the Host is not sending BPM Sync and Song Position information.
* Fixed possible clicking noises happening on the Audio Units version at the beginning of audio regions.
* Tuner MUTE button now behaves correctly and only works when Tuner is ON.
* Fixed a problem that could cause alteration on module Panning when the plug-in GUI was closed.
* Preset Browser now correctly works on Mac OS X 10.4 versions.
* Added “Neck + Bridge” Pickups Position in the Preset Browser.
* Improved speed of Preset Browser Refresh.
* Cabinet Global bypass is now stored to the Host session data.
* Tempo Source is now stored to the Host session data.
* Improved TAP tempo detection.
* Fixed a problem that was sometimes preventing a correct Panning of the rack modules on Rig Chains # 2 and # 6.
* Fixed various issues on MIDI Control assignment, both automatic (Learn) and manual.
* (Standalone) Input Gain slider position is now stored to the AmpliTube 3 Project File.
* (Standalone) Metronome sounds are now OK on PPC Macs.
* (Standalone) Track levels now correctly defaults to 0.0dB.
* (Standalone) Improve robustness of Audio hardware selection / drivers compatibility.