Year / Date of Issue: 06.2014
Developer site: www.voxengo.com/product/deftcompressor/
Format: VST, VST3, AU
Bit depth: 32bit, 64bit
System requirements: Windows (32- and 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, 7 and later versions) and Mac OS X (10.5 and later versions, 32- and 64-bit, Intel processor-based) computers (2 GHz dual-core or faster processor with at least 1 GB of system RAM required). A separate binary distribution file is available for each target computer platform for each audio plug-in specification.
Description: Compressor Deft Compressor has a characteristic “smooth” and imperceptible compression with the effect of increasing the intelligibility of the sound. This is achieved through the compressor’s timing function, which resembles an S-curve (sigmoid curve) during the attack and release phase. The S-Curve also helps the compressor sound “warmer” and “cleaner” at all settings.
While high attack values can be used to emphasize transients, low values such as 0.01ms will “smear” the audio signal. Although the S-Curve is a feature of Deft Compressor, you can easily change the shape to a steeper one by adjusting the “Punch” parameter.
Features and Compatibility:
– adjustable S-curve time function;
– auto amplification of the signal (make-up gain);
– stereo and multichannel processing;
– oversampling up to 8x;
– cancellation of Undo / redo actions;
– all sampling rates are supported;
– “Vintage” compression mode;
– external side-chain;
– internal routing channel;
– 64-bit floating point operations;
– comparison A / B;
– processing with zero latency;
– “Feedback” compression mode;
– key signal filtering;
– grouping of channels;
– preset manager;
– pop-up contextual hints.